The day has finally arrived. The 148th running of the Kentucky Derby takes place on Saturday, May 7 from famous Churchill Downs.
Last year’s race was eventful, due to the fact that Medina Spirit was disqualified after failing a post-race drug test, where runner-up Mandaloun was named the winner. This year, there are 20 horses set to compete to win the “most exciting two minutes in sports,” with a chance to compete for the coveted Triple Crown.
For those wondering which horses are running the Kentucky Derby and who their jockeys are, we have you covered.
Kentucky Derby 2022 horses and jockeys
Below is the list of all the horses and their respective jockeys that will be participating in the 148th “The Run for the Roses.” This comes courtesy of the New York Times.
- Mo Donegal — Irad Ortiz Jr.
- Happy Jack — Rafael Bejarano
- Epicenter — Joel Rosario
- Summer is Tomorrow — Mickael Barzalona
- Smile Happy — Corey Lanerie
- Messier — John Velazquez
- Crown Pride — Christophe Lemaire
- Charge It — Luis Saez
- Tiz the Bomb — Brian Hernandez Jr.
- Zandon — Flavien Prat
- Pioneer of Medina — Joe Bravo
- Taiba — Mike Smith
- Simplification — Jose Ortiz
- Barber Road — Reylu Gutierrez
- White Abbario — Tyler Gaffalione
- Cyberknife — Florent Geroux
- Classic Causeway — Julien Leparoux
- Tawny Port — Ricardo Santana Jr.
- Zozos — Manny Franco
- Rich Strike — Sonny Leon
So there you have it, there are all of the horses and their jockeys running the 148th Kentucky Derby. The big race has a post time set at 6:57 p.m. ET.