Liverpool will be looking to seal passage into the Champions League quarter-finals when they host Inter Milan at Anfield on Tuesday evening (20:00 UK time).
Jurgen Klopp’s men are in the driver’s seat following their 2-0 success on Italian soil last time out. Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah were on hand for the six-time European champions.
As for Inter, they need to create a piece of Champions League history as just once before has a team lost the first leg of a knockout stage tie by two or more goals at home and still gone on to progress, with Manchester United doing so against PSG in the 2018/19 round of 16 (0-2 at home and 3-1 away). This is the only progression by a team in this first leg scenario in 41 previous instances in the competition’s history.
- 1 Liverpool vs Inter Milan betting tips from Squawka Bet
- 2 Liverpool team news vs Inter Milan: Klopp hopeful of Thiago return
- 3 Betfair betting offer: How to get up to £50 back as cash
- 4 Predicted Liverpool XI vs Inter Milan:
- 5 Inter Milan team news vs Liverpool: Suspended Barella warns Reds
- 6 Predicted Inter Milan XI vs Liverpool:
Liverpool vs Inter Milan betting tips from Squawka Bet
- Liverpool to win by two goals @ 7/4 with Bet365
- Luis Diaz to score anytime @ 15/8 with Paddy Power
18+ only. Please gamble responsibly. For more information, visit begambleaware.org. All odds and offers in this article are valid at time of publication.
Liverpool team news vs Inter Milan: Klopp hopeful of Thiago return
Jurgen Klopp has a near full squad to choose from. Joel Matip missed Liverpool’s meeting with West Ham due to illness while Thiago could return for the Merseyside giants after sustaining a hamstring injury moments before their League Cup showdown meeting with Chelsea that left him in tears.
“It was a very emotional moment,” Klopp revealed. “We were all surprised. I watched the whole warm- up and didn’t see anything, then we came in and the physios told me he feels something in the hamstring.
“Then we had to make the decision he could not start. I didn’t like that he didn’t feel good, but the desire to play I liked. He’s fine again but not fit. Like always, you don’t know exactly. Weekend not sure, maybe Milan, after definitely.”
Betfair betting offer: How to get up to £50 back as cash
Interested in the offer above? Qualifying readers* can follow the simple steps below.
- Visit Betfair (here’s the link) to open a new account using promo code ZSKAMK
- Deposit a minimum of €10 using a Card. This is only required once.
- Place a single Sportsbook Football bet at minimum odds of 2.0 (Evs) between the 3rd and 31st March
- Please note, your qualifying bet must settle until 23:59, March 31st
*18+ only. Place 5 x £10 Sportsbook bets on Football of min odds of 2.0 (Evs) and get money back as cash if any lose. Maximum refund per qualifying bet is £10, x5 refunds available. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. Be Gamble Aware.
Predicted Liverpool XI vs Inter Milan:
- Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson; Thiago, Fabinho, Elliott; Salah, Mane, Diaz. (4-3-3)
Inter Milan team news vs Liverpool: Suspended Barella warns Reds
Inter couldn’t have asked for a better tuneup; Simone Inzaghi’s side registered an empathic 5-0 win over Salernitana which saw Lautaro Martínez grab a hat-trick, but they go to Anfield without influential midfielder Nicolò Barella but the Euro 2020 winner has nevertheless warned Klopp’s men to not underestimate the Nerazzurri.
“This evening’s win is certainly a confidence-booster, but in general playing at Anfield is such a wonderful experience, we shouldn’t feel any fear, only hunger,” he told reporters.
“It’s going to take something remarkable to turn it around, but then Inter are ‘crazy’ and anything can happen.”
Predicted Inter Milan XI vs Liverpool:
- Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Dumfries, Vidal, Brozovic, Calhanoglu, Perisic; Martinez, Dzeko. (3-5-2)